Friday, November 14, 2014

Christmas tags

I finally finished my Christmas Tags for my Facebook group friends Girls, Giggles, Glitter and Glue.
I used Tim Holtz Snowman Stamp on the whitiest card stock I can find.  I used my chalk ink in black.  The stamp came out fine and dark.  I then took maybe about 1 hour or more to cut them out.  I then purchased blue & white glitter paper from Joann Fabrics.  I stamped the Snowman on the white glitter paper - it didn't turn out that great with the glitter - some of the wording was a bit messy - but I was going to cover it up anyway with the paper piecing.   I choose blue, white and silver for the tags, I love using blue at Christmastime.  It's different and funky but still so pretty.

 

I then added the paper pieced Snowman to the white tag, then I decided to go over the stamp with a sharpie as the black seemed to look dull and faded.  This was ok as the stamp is a 'rough drawing' so the lines did not have to be perfect.




I then decided to add some textured paint to make it look like snow.  All I did was combine white paint with sand - the best part is that I started out with a sponge paint brush but used my finger and it looked so much better.  You do need to add a few layers to get a complete effect of snow.  I used my heat gun to dry it.



I added sparkled washi tape to the top of the tag with a flower and stamped happy holidays on the front.  I used silver glitter ribbon and colored a few of the items on the Snowman with Prisma markers.



Final product.








No comments: