Friday, October 24, 2014

Small Halloween Crackers

I made a total of 42 of these fab small crackers for my niece's dance class.  I have assorted chocolate candies inside.  Mini Hershey, 3 Mustakteers, Kit Kats!! I do have to admit that I did sample a few of these while making them - the sugar kept me going to finish them.

I started with a 12x12 sheet of paper, then cut it to 8 inches in width and then cut to 5 1/2 inches - which gives you two pieces from 12x12 paper.

I then scored the paper width at 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 5.5, 6, 6.5
I then scored the length at 1.5, 3, 4.5
scoring the paper on each fold line.

Then I folded the paper on the length side and cut triangles on the width side so that it can bend and I can tie ribbon on the paper to keep the goodies inside.

I didn't tape the paper in the middle but you can if you'd like, I figured the ribbon can hold it closed! You can also use any funky punch that you may have for the edges, I liked it with just ribbon and it makes it look like a huge candy.

 I hope the girls enjoy these, it took me about 2 hours total time.  One night I did the cutting and scoring, then last night while watching tv I put them together.





No comments: