Tuesday, January 28, 2014

7 Gypsies Printer Tray #1

My niece's 8th birthday is coming up in April - yes 3 months away - but I was reminded that it's almost here !! I figured I'd better get moving on her present and what better time to do this then at this past weekend's crop.  I know I'm going to another crop in March - but that's two weeks before her birthday and that's just not enough time.

I actually ordered from Joann Fabric's a black 12 slot printer tray and received a white one - and I actually placed the order twice - thinking I should do one in black and one in white - but I ended up with 2 white trays, but it worked out fine.

I have a monthly kit from My Creative Scrapbook and I decided to use the papers from these collections as they are mostly Prima Marketing papers and some are just perfect for the theme I was going for.

I started with texturing the base of the printer tray with white acrylic paint and I mixed in basic sand until I had the consistency I wanted.  Then began the 'layering' process.  I used a sponge brush I purchased in the dollar store the began to 'slap' down the paint/sand mixture, once I did a layer I would use my heat gun and try to dry it as much as possible, then repeat the process until I found the texture 'puffy' enough or 'big' enough that it made a statement.


Each paper had to be cut to size 2 3/4 by 3 3/4 for each section.  In this 1st printer tray I used the following papers for the background:  Websters Pages - Adrienne Looman - A new Your, Do Your Best, Believe in Yourself and Shining Moment; Prima Marketing paper - Anna Marie Collection - Callico, Kaisercraft - On this Day Collection. 


 Here is a close up of the Wooden Flourishes Oval Window with textured paint/sand mixture.

 

 Here is a close up of the one box I love the most in this layout - Prima Marking Junkyard Findings, Ballet.
 







Here is the final product of my 1st printer tray.  I think it took me about 2 1/2 hours to get it done.  I also used Prima's Rose Heart corners, Create Memories clock and tree; Vintage Trinkets, Tim Holtz idea-ology Timepieces, Pink Paislee Hope Chest, Burlap Butterfly.

No comments: